Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Analyzing your niche with google analytics

I was going to talk about this yesterday but then I got all sidetracked with using the TV. :)

The next step in your research ~ you should have your 10 niche ideas narrowed down to 3 or 4 ~ is to run them through google trends to take a look at the possible search volume for your niche idea.

I could try to explain exactly how and why you shoul use google trends, but I decided to let you hear it from a master. Travis Sago (THE Bum Marketer) has done two videos on using Google Trends to analyze your niche.

Here they are!





I hope that clears things up. I know when I put my 3 niche ideas through google trends I was seriously surprised by the results. The niche I thought was going to come out on top was not the best niche. It gave me some clear ideas of the direction I needed to go.

It also showed me why many of my previous campaigns had not done as well as I thought they would. Just because a niche seems good, does not necessarily mean it is. Why not just take a couple minutes and run some research?

Until tomorrow!

Jackie Lee :)

No comments: