Wednesday, January 9, 2008

NIche knack...


I really am getting the knack of this!

Okay...that may be a stretch but it sure is FUN when you let it be! ;-)

The trick about attracting people... is paying attention to what attracts YOU! ;-)

As I've been contemplating my next Squidoo lens one of the first things I had to decide was what I wanted to focus on. There is quite a bit of advice online about finding something that people are hot for right now... listen for what they want and then provide it for them.

Certainly I see the sense in that and I have to admit I had some concern about whether there would be anything in high demand that I would personally feel passionate enough about that I could market it effectively. I know myself well enough that if something doesn't hold my interest over a sustained period of time I'm likely to resist working on it.

I let myself get momentarily distracted by some well-meaning advice to find a product sharing a good price point with a high demand so it would sell well and focus on that... and it took me a few days to admit that the whole idea, while having good business sense... simply didn't FEEL GOOD! This brought up a few issues for me that had to be resolved before I felt the energy to move forward.

The reason I share this is because some of you may be feeling the same way. And to those of you who might have similar struggles I'll save you a bit of time and let you know that if you take the time to explore your interests, then put your 'ear to the ground' to find others who share those interests you will find a product and market that fits the bill.

One of the fun things that has resulted from my search is that I discovered, through my listening and searching, that I already have a long list of keywords and I know many of the places where I will find the people likely to be interested in my product!

Now it makes sense for me to use the tools available to hone and refine my approach. I had it all backwards before. I thought I was getting confused by the detail... but instead, I hadn't really locked onto the bigger picture with enough clarity.

So today I simply want to remind you that it's important to balance the 'inner' game with the 'outer' game! Out of the clarity of who you ARE comes the inspiration to DO what will serve best!

Thanks... I appreciate you!

--Mary K

¸..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* Light

EXPECT MIRACLES!

No comments: