Thursday, January 3, 2008

Finding Hot Niche Ideas


Finding hot niche ideas is one of the ways Mary K mentioned to go about deciding on what to build your lens on. In the past I have made lenses on things I was interested in and have not had all that much monetary success. I've decided to be a little more deliberate and methodical in my choosing of a niche for this experiment, just so I can see how that goes!

This is going to be a process. If you want to follow along, feel free. Understand that you have to do each step and then move on to the next without jumping ahead for the process to unfold into an amazing campaign. Don't stress if you don't know what to do next, just do what you need to do for the day. :) I learned this process from Travis Sago(THE Bum Marketer). I learned all of this over at Wealthy Affiliate (in the first few days), if you'd like to learn from the masters, you can too.

The basic premise of marketing involves three steps:

  1. Find a "starving" market (with disposable income)
  2. Find out what they need
  3. Give it to them
So how do you go about finding your starving market. It really is easier than you might think. Ideas are everywhere. In fact I just posted 15 places to look for Hot Niche Ideas on my other blog today.

I am going to suggest you go out and find 10 hot niche ideas. Don't judge them at this point, just get 10 ideas from the suggested places (you can use one or all of them), or your own ideas. You can certainly bring your own ideas to the table and run them through this process to see if they are likely to be a profitable niche for you.

Remember, at this point we are NOT thinking about products to sell to this market, keywords, adsense none of that we are just coming up with some hot niche ideas.

I am going to come up with 10 hot niche ideas today too. Then tomorrow we can work on them from there.

No judging ~ just ideas. :)

Happy Hunting.

Jackie Lee :)

No comments: