Friday, December 21, 2007

Great advice for the new year

This is not myspace advice, but wonderful business advice to end the new year.

I received this email from Travis ~ of November's Bum Marketing Experiment. I really appreciated what he had to say and thought I would share it with all of you.

I will be going out of town, so I won't be back until after Christmas.

Here's Travis' letter:

********************
WARNING: Rated NC-17
********************

Hey What Up You Bum?

Ever been stuck in a traffic jam on a
broiling Summer day?

Have you seen that dude dressed up in
a suit and tie pounding the steering
wheel like a gorilla...screaming obscenities
like a sailor and practically sitting on the
horn?

(Hope it wasn't ME you saw!)

Ya' know I am all sure we have done that
or something close at some point.

But ya know what we DID NOT do?

We didn't get out of the car and say
SCREW IT!

No!

We stayed in the car because we knew
EVENTUALLY traffic would clear up and
we would get where we are a goin'.

Same thing with red lights...right?

We don't plan a trip to the mall and say...

"Hey, if I hit a red light I am going back home!"

Now, that all seems like some common sense...

BUT...BUT...

This is what an overwhelming majority of folks
do when it comes to starting a business.

And rings true for new Bum Marketers as well.

"Ah...CRAP...my article got declined...I quit!"

"The last two articles I wrote didn't get on Google...forget it!"

"I wrote 10 articles and no sales...Google can SUCK MY BUTT forever!"

"What? Ezinearticles won't allow links to UsFreeAds anymore? I give up!"

..NOW LET ME SAY...folks, these are just red lights! YEAH...IT BLOWS!

NO DOUBT ABOUT IT!

But what you don't do is get out of the car...right? You go somewhere
(in private is best)...you blow off any steam...cuss...rant...rave...

But stay in the car dude!

Let's take an example:

Ezinearticles stopped letting you link to UsFreeAds...OK!

Whatever!!!!

So you figure out another route...which there are many:

You can put up

A free blog at http://clicks.aweber.com/y/ct/?l=Il9lF&m=9diHPbe5CNCFP&b=gPAa0EQ_a7w8STquZqoGEg or http://clicks.aweber.com/y/ct/?l=Il9lF&m=9diHPbe5CNCFP&b=IgFzDjN0qAINHpuFlsoc6g

A free lens at Squidoo.com

Those are JUST three ideas. Three different routes. I have tested
them all and they all work great.

Here's a free blog I put up at wordpress

http://clicks.aweber.com/y/ct/?l=Il9lF&m=9diHPbe5CNCFP&b=JpSYvoctmSo83QNxLmBrKA

You can do a ton...you can add video, audio, opt-in forms...the
fella I put up on that blog that gets his rear smeared on the bike
was free...I just linked to youtube...

And that page converts so well...I am using it for my landing page
for Adwords.

There are a few limitations...like you can't change the font size
after you start the blog (on wordpress.com hosted on their site)...

But hey...it's free...and it works...

My point is that there are always work arounds...you just GOTTA
THINK LIKE A BUM...and STAY IN THE CAR...

You know, maybe you are making some profit now...this may be the
catalyst that spurs you to invest in YOUR OWN WEBSITE...

Which is a HUGE positive step in your business.

Now...I don't want to come off as a smarty pants or know it
all...

I do NOT know it all...

But in my 39 years on this Earth (it's my Bday on the day I wrote this),
and over 20 years of business experience...

Here is something very important that I have learned:

YOU DO NOT NEED MONEY TO START A BUSINESS AND BE SUCCESSFUL!

What do you need?

1. BIG BRASS CAJONES or if you are a lady GUTS!

2. DETERMINATION and PERSISTENCE OF A BULL DOG!

3. and what will multiply your success rate?...INGENUITY! If
you can't go over...you go under!...or to the side! or through
any obstacle that dares stand in your way.

So...for you math freaks...

take...

BIG BRASS CAJONES + DETERMINATION X INGENUITY = How much you get of ANYTHING you want!

I live and breathe this everyday...

Who the hell am I to submit an article to Entrepreneur Magazine?

Who do I think I am to submit an article to Entrepreneur Magazine
not once...but SIX TIMES!

Hell...I don't even know if they are getting it...so next time, I
am going to FED EX it...in the strangest darn container I can find!

Maybe a 4 foot long cylindrical tube.

If that doesn't get me a response...I might just have it delivered
in the G-Strings of a couple hot strippers.

Yeah...I am just a redneck from Arkansas...I don't give a damn! One day
I am going to get my article in Entrepreneur Magazine, even if it
means I have to buy the darn publication to do it!

*******************************************************
THE MINDSET!

Ever see a Mother lose track of her youngster? Maybe
it has happened to you?

I don't care how meek that Mom is...when she can't
find her youngin' she will ask the biggest
burliest man...she will have it announced over the
PA at Walmart...she will ask anyone and everyone
she sees to help!

Will she stop at the 5th stranger she asks...hell no
she is not going to stop until she finds her baby!

THAT IS THE MINDSET you need to have to break free an
UNLEASH HELL ON ANY OBSTACLE OR PERSON THAT DARE TO STAND
IN YOUR WAY!
********************************************************

So my message to you is THIS:

Stay in the car...the light will change green...or you can find
a different route...or get out of the car, climb up the pole and
MAKE the light change green.

Don't let a few "red lights" derail your dreams!

Here's to a kick butt New Year!

Keep On Bummin,
Travis
www.BumMarketingMethod.com
**** me again****

Have a wonderful and safe holiday, filled with love, joy and fun!! See ya after Christmas :)

Jackie Lee :)

No comments: