Sunday, December 16, 2007

A New Look at Gathering Friends at Myspace

Yesterday I found an interview done by Yaro Starak, one of my favorite bloggers. This interview was done with Steve Iser, a 21 year old guy who has been working online since he was 9. He is currently making his money on Myspace.

He recently put out a new product about myspace marketing and laid out some of the basics during the interview. I was pleasantly surprised to see the majority of what we are doing lines up directly with what this very successful myspace marketer is doing.

I did find a couple differences and I see how they can be the KEY to making more money at myspace. I'm going to cover the basics in this post and then go over them in more detail over the next couple days.

This has gotten me really excited, and I hope you all will see the potential of adding just a few tweaks to what we are already doing.

Choose your niche

I know we've talked about choosing your niche and now I see how being very clear about your niche and exactly who the people are in your niche can add up to much more targeted leads.

Think about exactly who you want to target your product and services toward. Male/female? How old? Smoker/non? Married/single/swinger? Skinny/overweight?

The more specific you can be about who you are looking for the more specific you can get in looking for exactly that person on myspace.

Choose the best affiliate product(s)

Choose the best products or services you have available to you to market to the people in this niche. Whether you are using affiliate marketing, networking marketing or marketing services you provide, always choose the best products you have available to you.

Develop a Profile:

We have done a good job of teaching you how to create a profile during this experiment. The one thing I would reiterate is discussing in your profile how you are like the people in your target market. So if you are marketing weight loss products make sure you talk about how weight loss products have helped your weight, or your health.

Establish Interaction

We have discussed this piece and I want to add a couple things.

Using the BROWSE tab in your tool bar. If you click on the browse button and then click on the advanced tab you will see you can look for people selecting out very specific things about the person. You can choose if you want male of female, how old, whether they are parents, and I like this point, whether they are new to myspace, active at myspace, when they last logged in!!! Pretty cool Huh? I can't believe I didn't know about the browse function before this.

Of course sending a message with your friend request is KEY!!! You are developing an interaction, a relationship. You want to let them know who you are, how you (or your profile) are similar to them, why you are asking for friendship and what you will be offering for friendship.

***this is the part I'm excited about and it's different than what we've been teaching thus far***

You will be using your BLOG as another means to provide quality and benefit to your friends. You will use your blog for articles based on your niche. At the bottom of your article you will include a link to your product/service/program, whatever you are offering.

You will build rapport with your friends because you will be offering continued value to your friends.

Once you have written a blog post you are going to send out a BULLETIN giving your friends the heads up that you have this new article posted. Don't tell too much about the article, just let them know you've posted an article on such and such and they may find it interesting. :) They are your friends, and you are providing value they will want to see.

I tried this myself today.

I wrote an article about entertaining your toddler. I happen to have written for last month's bum marketing challenge. I rewrote the introduction so it was in more familiar language, these are my friends afterall, and provided a link to the 101 Ways to Entertain Your Toddler ebook.

I had multiple comments and received numerous messages thanking me for the information and a few people said they will look at the book. Can you see how powerful this will be once people come to expect this type of information and value from my blog?

They will begin to subscribe and look forward to not only my posts, but my bulletins. They will click on my bulletins and eventually when I've built trust with people they will click my affiliate/program links.

This was a quick overview. I will do some videos and take the major parts one by one through the week to give you a deeper understanding of how powerful I think this is going to be.

My advice for today would be to think about who is Your Perfect Customer? Think about all the details of this person. Then set out to find them. :)

Talk to you tomorrow!!

Jackie Lee :)


No comments: