Saturday, December 29, 2007

Growing Relationships with Bulletins


I know Mary K has already talked with you about bulletins, and I just wanted to add a couple things.

Today I was over at Myspace, and I had some time so I decided to look at bulletins. I must admit, I'm not much of a bulletin reader, however, I think that will be changing. I read quite a few bulletins, and the ones I found interesting, or inspiring in some way I just hit "reply to poster" and sent the person a note.

This makes it really easy to connect with new people in my friends group.

If you have started from the beginning with a concrete idea of who your market is ~ you will probably find a couple things in the bulletins they are sending out.

1. Questions your market has ~ an opportunity to answer that question in your blog and post your own bulletin.

2. Another opportunity to engage your market ~ Many times people will write a bulletin when they need help or support. What better way to engage your friends in a positive way.

3. Interesting Info you can pass on ~ Most people welcome their bulletins being passed on. Just make sure you hit reply to poster and then copy and paste the whole thing so you give credit to the person who originally posted (and keep their links in tact)

If you have forwarded someone's bulletin they are more likely to take a look and maybe even forward one of yours. When they do this, you have reached a whole new network of people.
I must admit I have seriously not been using the bulletin feature to its fullest potential. Don't make the same mistake. Myspace makes it easy to connect with others ~ that's their main goal~ so read your bulletins, and then send a quick note to say hi, thanks, show appreciation or whatever is appropriate.

Happy Bulletin Reading!

Jackie Lee :)

No comments: