Thursday, December 27, 2007

MySpace IM

We have a few days left in our 30 Day Marketing Experiment around MySpace and so I thought I drop by (weaving in and out of the holiday festivities is a bit of a challenge these days! ;-)) share with you some of the things I've discovered about the MySpace Instant Messenger tool.

In all fairness I have to share that I only downloaded this tool a couple of weeks ago and I've been away from my computer for more days than usual so I don't have a lot of experience sending messages with this tool. I have yet to find any close friends who are using it and that's okay... it will give me a great excuse to connect with one of my friends I'd like to know better by searching for someone who has already downloaded this tool!

Even without experiencing many conversations using this IM tool, I have discovered there are a couple of features that I wasn't expecting and I'm finding them very useful.

Certainly it provides the basic instant messaging to other MySpace users and has customizable emoticons and Zaps (a combination of a sound bite, picture, and words.) that are found in many instant messengers but what I'm appreciating is that it also provides shortcuts to MySpace.com features and profiles AND sends instant alerts for all requests, messages and comments. (Even blog post comments!)

As you can see on the left, it shows up on my desktop just like any other IM tool.
I'm sure I'll discover many more bells and whistles as I play around with it and as we roll into a new year I intend to fill up my contact list with friends. If you're inspired to download it yourself please add me and give me a holler sometime! ;-)

Until then... I'm off to message somebody.
Thanks! I appreciate you,

--Mary K

¸..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* Light

EXPECT MIRACLES!

No comments: