Thursday, December 13, 2007

I'm Not Getting Business Inquiries at Myspace

Today I want to talk about a problem you may encounter during your myspace marketing endeavors.

Not getting Business Inquiries.

You may be receiving responses to your messages, but no one is asking about your business.

This problem can be the result of a couple different variables.
  • Your page copy
  • Keywords your using to choose who to send friend requests to
These variables need to be tested one at a time. (ah visions of Psych Methods are coming to my head). What that means is don't change both things at the same time.

I suggest you try to tweak your keywords first ~ it's easiest and you should notice a difference rather quickly.

I have been experiencing this problem myself on my new page. I thought about the keywords I have been using and decided that is probably where my problem lies.

I have been using keywords like "spiritual journey" "joy" etc. These are all things I want in people I would like to work with. I have received many messages in response to the message I send with the friend request. However, all the responses I have gotten so far have been in relation to the spiritual element of my page. No one is asking about the business.

It really is no surprise when you think about it. People who are focused on spiritualism are most likely to respond to that aspect of my page.

What I need to do is think about keywords I might use to find people who are actually looking to work from home or make some extra money.

Use those keywords you might say. ~ I'd say no. Most people who are currently not involved in working online are not going to have those keywords on their page. So what do people who would like to make some extra money talk about? Who are they?

Mary K's discussion of groups may come in handy here. I think the groups would be a great place to do some keyword searching. Check in the group description for words you may want to use, even better, if you think the people in that group may be interested pull some IDs from the group page.

If you try a few different methods of gathering IDs to send friend requests to and you continue to run into the same problem, then go ahead and take a look at your page copy.

Have a wonderful day!

Jackie Lee :)

No comments: