Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Day 18 ~ Mary K


Today has been a brilliant example of some of the benefits and challenges of working from home! You would think without the need to 'drive' to work I wouldn't be tied up for hours with CAR ISSUES!!!

Okay...so it wasn't quite as bad as that picture. (though I did have that very experience once years ago when I had taken my three little boys out to a local ice rink. We're were having a blast trying to stand on skates and suddenly noticed a commotion from the parking lot where there were flames leaping from under the hood of a car... MY CAR!!!! YIKES! :-)) However, I spent about three hours unexpectedly tied up with trying to get my car to start so that I could take it into the shop and have them figure out why my car won't start. Something is wacky with that whole scheme... ;-)

This experiment has afforded me with clarity about many things, from a keener awareness to the many interruptions that occur during my day to the clarity about my lack of discipline when I do have a block of uninterrupted time.

In all fairness I will say I am actually quite disciplined -- and sometimes I don't manage the chaos well! Perhaps it's simply that I never know when the 'uninterrupted' time will happen?

Okay...'nuff said. In addition to the tasks for this experiment I work as an Editor for a monthly magazine. The last week of the month is always booked tightly with a 'deadline' looming so while accomplished a significant amount related to that work despite the unexpected visitors and the car situation... I really didn't give the 30 Day Experiment the two hours today.

I DID make time to revise an article I had written previously and submitted it to Ezine articles. That all took me about 30 minutes.

So that's a wrap for today... we'll see what tomorrow brings.

I've gotta tell you... I HAVE made some money this month that I attribute directly to this experiment and it's no where close to $1000. But the 'learning' up to now is already worth a million bucks... so I'm quite excited! More on that when we wrap this up at the end of the week. ;-)

Prepare for success!

--Mary K

¸..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* Light

EXPECT MIRACLES!

No comments: