Friday, November 30, 2007

Jackie Lee ~ Day 20

Today is the end of the first 30 day Experiment.

I know it's only day 20, but we've actually been doing this project for 4 weeks and we've made the decision to move on to another experiment.

Stay Tuned Monday for what the next marketing experiment will be!!

Here's the wrap-up for the Bum Marketing Experiment.

1. I did not exactly do a bum marketing experiment. I did more of an article marketing experiment. I think if I had really stuck to Travis' method I probably would have made a little more money. Instead I chose to write articles that led to things I am already doing, instead of possibly more lucrative affiliate products.

As with everything in life I believe if it doesn't feel good to me, it's not going to do well for me. Searching for affiliate products and writing articles I had no personal experience with really just did not feel good for me.

2. Articles are a GREAT way to get traffic. I continue to get traffic to my blog from articles I published to ezine articles MONTHS ago.

3. If you are looking for a way to make some quick cash ~ not necessarily a ton of cash, but quick~ Associated Content is a great way to go. I made 10.22 this week just from a couple of articles I already had laying around. If I consistently continue to publish an article or two there a day that can probably add up to 50 dollars a week.

4. I did sell a few affiliate products from traffic driven from the articles. My squidoo pages worked quite well for this purpose. I sold a few Friend Blaster Pros, and a few Vision Boards, so all in all it was no where near 1000 dollars, but it is a start.

5. The time between when you submit and when your content gets published can be a few days up to a week. (but once it is published it's there forever, unless you take it down) 6. It can be difficult to understand all it takes to pick a good product and keyword. I personally think there is much more to it than is let on in the Bum Marketing Method pages.

7. If you keep getting emails from Travis he provides informative videos and articles to help you hone the process.


8. I had a pretty easy time writing articles daily. I felt really good that I managed to get in the habit of writing regularly. I plan to continue writing a quick article every day and submitting it somewhere, whether it's ezine articles for traffic or Associated Content for money. I just know every morning I need to write an article. In fact, most days I wake up with the article if not completely written, at least the topic in my head!

9. Overall, I'd give the Bum Marketing Method a big thumbs up. It's relatively easy. It's free. It's effective. It makes you money. It will continue to earn money as time goes on. If products are chosen properly, and you follow the method it will be a great way to make some money!!

Did you follow along? Did you practice Bum Marketing with us? If you did we'd love to hear how it worked out for you. Leave us a comment and tell us your experience with Bum Marketing. We'd love to hear.

Get ready for Monday. We will be unveiling a whole new experiment for the month of December. I'll give you a couple hints.

1. It's free
2. It's effective
3. It's fun
4. It employs web 2.0 strategies.

If you aren't familiar with Web 2.0 and why it's the wave of the future. I suggest you pick up a copy of The Attention Age Doctrine. It was just published this week and is a must read for everyone trying to make money online.

See ya Monday! I can't wait to hear what Mary K has to say about this month's experiment ~ I'll be tuning in . . . will you?

Jackie Lee :)

1 comment:

PenneArdICS said...

Kudos to you!!! I got sidetracked with my own marketing experiments last month, but I'm finally catching up on the posts and really appreciate everything you two have shared about your individual and collective experiences.

I decided to sign up for the Bum Marketing course myself to learn a few new tricks and supplement my efforts. Fascinating subject and loads of fun, too, this Internet marketing ;-)

I'm really looking forward to learning more about developing MySpace -- my last page got spammed and phished, so I took that as a sign to start anew with a more positively attractive outlook!!! Check out Brian Wong's "LOA Riches" Report there ~ his emphasis is on building your online team! :D

Aloha a hui hou, Aikane ~
Your Secret Pal, Penne :D