Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Setting up Myspace

I've been working with some people one on one to get their myspace pages all set up and ready to attract the "perfect" people, and it has allowed me to realize it can be a little overwhelming for people who aren't particularly familiar with social networking sites.

Good learning! For this experiment, I thought we'd take it relatively slow, you can keep our pace, or forge out on your own.

I also thought it might be easier if you could actually SEE what to do. I made this video yesterday to show you exactly how to sign up for you account and show you around the back office at myspace a little bit. This is my first video, and I recognize there is a bit of a learning curve. I'm sure they will get better as we go. :)

Today, all you need to do is sign up for your account if you don't have one, and fill in your interests and your likes ~ music, books, TV etc. Not too hard. Tomorrow we will take the process a little farther and by Thursday I think we should be well on our way to meeting people. :) Even with the basics for the beginning of the week, I think it's very possible to fulfill our intention for the experiment!

Here's today's video: Setting up a Myspace Account:



That's it for today, if you have any difficulty please leave a comment and we will help you in any way we can. :)

Have an amazing day!

Jackie Lee :)

Technorati Tags:
, , ,



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good tutorial on how to set up your myspace. I run a myspace tutorial site if you need some code check out www.made-for-myspace.com. I would also be interested in placing your videos in one of my video sections with a link back to your site. So if your interested let me know.
Jonathan

Jackie Lee said...

Jonathon,
Great to hear from you. That would be great. We will be making quite a few videos for the experiment. You are welcome to add them to your site. My intention is for everyone to be able to do this easily and effortlessly. ;)
Thanks for stopping by!
Jackie

Anonymous said...

excellent, I will let you know when they are online. What software do you use for your screen recordings?

Jack Payne said...

You seem to have the handle on MySpace promo. Unfortunately, I don't. Have posted in their forums, not much else. No luck at all.