Monday, November 5, 2007

Day 1 Jackie Lee


Hello,
I'm Jackie Lee. I've been involved in internet marketing for about 5 years now, with off and on success. I'd like to be able to see consistent and measurable results from the time I spend on marketing. I have a tendency to jump from one thing to another, never allowing any ONE thing to work. I am excited about having a plan and some action steps to follow through with each day to keep me on track.

I have an 18 month old little girl named Hanna. Having a little one around brings its' own distractions and challenges. I'm hoping this experiment will help me show all the stay at home moms out there, that it really can be done!! So on with the experiment.

Well I woke up this morning at 6:15a. Partially because of daylight savings time, and partially because I am soooo excited about this challenge.

I beat Hanna out of bed,(which NEVER happens) and therefore had some time without distraction to work on my plan.

Let me outline my plan of attack and then I'll tell you how it went today.

For the next 30 days I will:

  • Write an article based on chosen keywords
  • Create small squidoo lens based on same keywords
  • Post article to directories linking to lens in resource box
  • Ping lens
  • Social Bookmark lens
Wow, it feels good to have a plan.

Here's how the plan shaped up today.


  • Writing article: 1 hour including research
  • Creating the lens: 2 hours ~ the lens ended up being a little bigger than what the method calls for, but I think it will work out well in the long run.
  • Posting article: 2 minutes
  • Pinging lens: 30 seconds
  • Bookmarking lens: 30 seconds

Total: 3 hours 3 minutes.

This time includes getting Hanna breakfast and few other distractions one has with a toddler around.

If you'd like to take a look at the lens I created here it is.

How to Create Backlinks

It feels really interesting to know my marketing is done for the day. I'm already starting to notice where I have been wasting time and energy. Having a list of actions is making it easier to stay on task. Let's see how I'm liking the list in a week or two. :)

That's it for me today. Please feel free to leave me a comment in the comment section. I'd love to hear from ya!!

Jackie Lee :)

Technorati Tags:
, , , , , ,

No comments: