Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Day 3 ~ Mary K

Alrighty.... It was an interesting day this day 3. I think I was expecting too much of myself and found myself needing to re-center over and over again. Some days are just wonky that way!

Ommmmmmmmmmmm
I'm doing a better job with my time but lost close to an hour today around placing an ad. I haven't personally seen great results from running classified ads of any kind online (although I know people who have great results from Craigslist) but I had hear that there is one classified ad place that Google seems to like.

Well, it's called UsFreeAds but I can tell you, after 50 minutes of reading and researching the site, for what I'm up to the truly 'free' ads are virtually useless! Don't want to belabor the point but I'm really invested in seeing if cash can be generated by anybody just using FREE tools so I couldn't even place the ad!

The good news is the AD itself only took about 5 minutes because I was able to lift copy already in place about the product.

I'm already tempted to change course about the particular product line I'm promoting for this week but I had decided to focus on one line or 'category' of products for at least a week so I'll stay the course!

The way the day shaped up around the 30 Day Marketing Experiment was as follows:

  • Writing and submitting AD - approx. 1 hour (with no ad actually submitted - blech!)
  • Added a section to yesterdays Squidoo Lens and promoted it - 1 hour (well spent, rank already rising which often indicates a higher position in search engines meaning more eyeballs searching on my keywords are likely to find my lens and (ideally) buy my stuff! ;-)
  • Posted to Blog - approx 1 hour (discovered a new, at least to me, thing called 'video units' that allow you to set up a customized YouTube screen on a blog or website that is responsive to your keywords. This means the videos streaming to your site will always be fresh and changing and theoretically on topic. Pretty cool! Have to admit, I got a bit mesmerized watching the different videos right on my own blog. Some might call that a time waster? ;-))
Again... I didn't write or submit an article. I am applauding that I took the time to check out the classified ad thing. I don't have the energy desired around posting classifieds so I can drop that element all together and tomorrow focus on writing and submitting an article or two!

I'm also realizing (primarily from reading Jackie's posts, LOL) that it will be more valuable for me to get up early and sit down for a couple of hours and get the tasks done. I'm excited about this now because I have more clarity about the specifics of the tasks I'll be doing. The way I've approached things these first three days was that I would do a little bit, then something would come up to pull me away or I discovered I had to do some exploring in order to use the tool I was working with... and meanwhile, the fact I wasn't reaching completion with the task was weighing on my mind.

This had the effect of making me feel as though I was putting a LOT more time on all of this than the actual measure indicates. It also got in the way of me completing some other things that I enjoy spending time with and/or have committed to completing. By being clear about the steps to take I should be able to eliminate that 'hangover' feeling that drained my energy today. ;-)

I'm gonna go take an alka seltzer, c'ya ====> ;-)

--Mary K

¸..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* Light

EXPECT MIRACLES!

No comments: