Thursday, November 8, 2007

Day 4 ~ Jackie Lee


Good Morning, Good Morning,

This morning Hanna was up bright and early, grumpy and bored. Wanting to nurse every five minutes, needing to be on my lap, stealing my pens, banging on the keyboard and opening windows I didn't even know I had when I went to the kitchen for a cup of coffee. ARGH. Her mood has kind of rubbed of on me and I'm feeling a little grumpy myself.

There was one funny moment this morning. Hanna was standing at the table with her "cell phone" crooked on her shoulder a pencil in hand taking notes on a notepad. I couldn't get to the camera fast enough, but just a few minutes later she started "writing a letter" on her "computer". Can you tell her mom works from home?

Anyway, here's how the plan shaped up today. Even with my happy shiny toddler my specific actions took less than an hour again today. I am using some articles I wrote about myspace because I noticed a sharp spike in traffic on my blog after I posted them. I now get a lot of traffic from myspace search terms and my blog is ranked on the first page of google for a number of different myspace related keywords. I thought this would be a nice niche to work in for a bit. I actually use the product I am promoting and really like it. It pays me $15.60 for each one I sell, so it adds up fairly quickly.

I can't tell you exactly how it's going so far, because there is some lag time waiting for approval at the article directory and none of my myspace articles are live yet. I'm expecting at least one to go live today. It will be interesting to see the conversion from the squidoo site. I didn't follow the "make is simple" rule for squidoo, and have added more information each day on different aspects of marketing with myspace. So we shall see. If I don't get conversion I may try to make more myspace lenses at Squidoo with one piece of the puzzle in each. Time will tell on that I guess.

So anyway,
  • Rewrote, submitted an article ~ 20 minutes ~ including interruptions
  • Added relevant info to squidoo lens ~ 20 minutes ~ got a little sidetracked looking through other lenses.
  • Pinged lens ~ I'm not sure how much good continually bookmarking a lens is doing so I didn't do it today. I think it would be better suited for blog posts which are new content in and of themselves each day.
So there ya have it. Work done, less than an hour, with a crabby toddler, and a husband sanding and repainting a new desk to boot.

Have an amazing day ya'll !
See ya tomorrow.

Jackie Lee :)

No comments: